By Carolyne Larrington,Judy Quinn,Brittany Schorn
Read or Download A Handbook to Eddic Poetry: Myths and Legends of Early Scandinavia PDF
Similar literary medieval criticism books
In Milton and Ecology, Ken Hiltner engages with literary, theoretical, and historical techniques to discover the ideological underpinnings of our wide-spread environmental drawback. concentrating on Milton's rejection of dualistic theology, metaphysical philosophy, and early-modern subjectivism, Hiltner argues that Milton anticipates yes triumphing crucial ecological arguments.
The Argentinian author and poet Jorge Luis Borges (1899-1986) was once many stuff in the course of his lifestyles, yet what has long past principally neglected is that he used to be a medievalist, and his curiosity in Germanic medievalism used to be pervasive all through his paintings. This learn will ponder the medieval components in Borges inventive paintings and shed new mild on his poetry.
Laurin tells the tale of Dietrich von Bern’s warfare with the gnome king Laurin, the destruction of Laurin’s rose backyard, and the liberation of an kidnapped virgin. Many models of the tale various in size, wording, and every now and then emphasis are present in a variety of records. This new version offers assorted types of the tale and gives thorough documentation of the differences within the ancient manuscripts.
This can be a sequence of cutting edge experiences within the textual and literary feedback of Latin literature, exploring how those branches of the self-discipline are jointly supportive. The individuals contain many prime students within the box. person essays are dedicated to Catullus, Cicero, Horace, Lucretius, Ovid, Tacitus and Virgil, and there also are essays at the Renaissance reception of Virgil and on rules of editorial perform.
- From England to Bohemia: Heresy and Communication in the Later Middle Ages (Cambridge Studies in Medieval Literature)
- Figuring Genre in Roman Satire (American Philological Association American Classical Studies)
- Rogues and Early Modern English Culture
- Dante's British Public: Readers and Texts, from the Fourteenth Century to the Present
- A Handbook to Classical Reception in Eastern and Central Europe (HCRZ - Wiley Blackwell Handbooks to Classical Reception)
- Roman Satire and the Old Comic Tradition
Extra info for A Handbook to Eddic Poetry: Myths and Legends of Early Scandinavia
A Handbook to Eddic Poetry: Myths and Legends of Early Scandinavia by Carolyne Larrington,Judy Quinn,Brittany Schorn