By Robert D. Fulk,Christopher M. Cain
This revised variation of A heritage of outdated English Literature attracts greatly at the most up-to-date scholarship to have advanced over the past decade. The textual content comprises extra fabric all through, together with new chapters on Anglo-Saxon manuscripts and incidental and marginal texts.
- This revised variation responds to the renewed historicism in medieval studies
- Provides wide-ranging insurance, together with Anglo-Latin literature in addition to non-canonical writings
- Includes new chapters on manuscripts and on marginal and incidental texts
- Incorporates extended insurance of criminal texts and medical and scholastic texts, now handled in separate chapters
- Demonstrates that the sector of Anglo-Saxon reports is uniquely put to give a contribution to present literary debates
Read Online or Download A History of Old English Literature (Blackwell History of Literature) PDF
Similar literary medieval criticism books
In Milton and Ecology, Ken Hiltner engages with literary, theoretical, and ancient ways to discover the ideological underpinnings of our commonplace environmental problem. concentrating on Milton's rejection of dualistic theology, metaphysical philosophy, and early-modern subjectivism, Hiltner argues that Milton anticipates convinced winning crucial ecological arguments.
The Argentinian author and poet Jorge Luis Borges (1899-1986) used to be many stuff in the course of his existence, yet what has long past principally disregarded is that he used to be a medievalist, and his curiosity in Germanic medievalism was once pervasive all through his paintings. This research will give some thought to the medieval parts in Borges inventive paintings and shed new mild on his poetry.
Laurin tells the tale of Dietrich von Bern’s warfare with the gnome king Laurin, the destruction of Laurin’s rose backyard, and the liberation of an kidnapped virgin. Many types of the tale various in size, wording, and at times emphasis are present in a number of records. This new version offers various models of the tale and gives thorough documentation of the differences within the old manuscripts.
It is a sequence of cutting edge experiences within the textual and literary feedback of Latin literature, exploring how those branches of the self-discipline are at the same time supportive. The participants comprise many best students within the box. person essays are dedicated to Catullus, Cicero, Horace, Lucretius, Ovid, Tacitus and Virgil, and there also are essays at the Renaissance reception of Virgil and on ideas of editorial perform.
- Handbook of Medieval Culture. Volume 1 (De Gruyter Reference)
- Mental Health, Spirituality, and Religion in the Middle Ages and Early Modern Age (Fundamentals of Medieval and Early Modern Culture)
- Feminism in Greek Literature From Homer to Aristotle
- Greek Literature in Late Antiquity: Dynamism, Didacticism, Classicism
- Reading Inebriation in Early Colonial Peru (New Hispanisms: Cultural and Literary Studies)
- Beowulf and Other Stories: A New Introduction to Old English, Old Icelandic and Anglo-Norman Literatures
Additional resources for A History of Old English Literature (Blackwell History of Literature)
A History of Old English Literature (Blackwell History of Literature) by Robert D. Fulk,Christopher M. Cain