By Heidi J. Hornik,Mikeal C. Parsons
Charting the theological and cultural efficiency of Acts around the timespan of Christian background, this paintings of profound scholarship finds the complete quantity of the recent testomony book’s spiritual, creative, literary, and political influence.
- Reveals the effect of Acts at key turning issues within the background of the Christian church
- Traces the wealthy and sundry creative and cultural background rooted in Acts, from tune to literature
- Analyzes the political value of the publication as a touchstone within the church’s exterior relations
- Provides particular observation at the exegesis of Acts down the centuries
Read Online or Download Acts of the Apostles Through the Centuries (Wiley Blackwell Bible Commentaries) PDF
Similar christian reference books
Faraway from being mundane, exploring God's be aware should be one of many maximum adventures of your existence! within the Bible you could have interaction with a residing God who desires a private courting with you. And during this detailed workbook you are going to learn the way to have interaction His phrases like by no means earlier than. in accordance with the inductive research suggestions outlines within the bestselling residing via the e-book, this workbook creates the chance to develop in religion and data via brief, functional workouts and whole reviews of the books of Ruth and James.
Even if you name it the "return of Christ," "the moment Coming," or the "Rapture," there was lots debate over the centuries approximately what the Bible teaches. Many have concluded the topic of Jesus' go back is just too complex, or too complicated to appreciate. One reader acknowledged. .. "Reading, The go back used to be my 'light bulb' second.
Discover the importance of maternal metaphors within the writings of a first-century male missionary and theologianPaul hired metaphors of childbirth or breastfeeding in 4 out of the seven undisputed epistles. during this booklet, McNeel makes use of cognitive metaphor idea and social id research to check the that means and serve as of those maternal metaphors.
This quantity is a biblical theological critique of the Apostles' Creed and a improvement of the function of the Holy Spirit within the church, the realm, and the private event of Christian religion. It addresses the creed as a ancient rfile, an artifact of early Christian theological improvement, and a long-standing consultant for the shape and content material of that religion culture.
- Wisdom for Life (Beihefte zur Zeitschrift für die alttestamentliche Wissenschaft)
- Paul: An Outline of His Theology
- Philippians, Colossians, and Philemon (2 volumes in 1 / ESV Edition): The Fellowship of the Gospel and The Supremacy of Christ
- Humor in the Gospels: A Sourcebook for the Study of Humor in the New Testament, 1863–2014
- NBBC, Acts: A Commentary in the Wesleyan Tradition
Additional info for Acts of the Apostles Through the Centuries (Wiley Blackwell Bible Commentaries)
Acts of the Apostles Through the Centuries (Wiley Blackwell Bible Commentaries) by Heidi J. Hornik,Mikeal C. Parsons