By David A Salomon
Read or Download An Introduction to the 'Glossa Ordinaria' as Medieval Hypertext (Religion and Culture in the Middle Ages) PDF
Best literary medieval criticism books
In Milton and Ecology, Ken Hiltner engages with literary, theoretical, and ancient methods to discover the ideological underpinnings of our popular environmental obstacle. concentrating on Milton's rejection of dualistic theology, metaphysical philosophy, and early-modern subjectivism, Hiltner argues that Milton anticipates definite triumphing crucial ecological arguments.
The Argentinian author and poet Jorge Luis Borges (1899-1986) was once many stuff in the course of his lifestyles, yet what has long past principally ignored is that he used to be a medievalist, and his curiosity in Germanic medievalism was once pervasive all through his paintings. This examine will give some thought to the medieval parts in Borges inventive paintings and shed new gentle on his poetry.
Laurin tells the tale of Dietrich von Bern’s battle with the gnome king Laurin, the destruction of Laurin’s rose backyard, and the liberation of an kidnapped virgin. Many types of the tale various in size, wording, and every so often emphasis are present in quite a few files. This new version offers diverse types of the tale and gives thorough documentation of the differences within the historic manuscripts.
This can be a sequence of cutting edge experiences within the textual and literary feedback of Latin literature, exploring how those branches of the self-discipline are at the same time supportive. The individuals contain many top students within the box. person essays are dedicated to Catullus, Cicero, Horace, Lucretius, Ovid, Tacitus and Virgil, and there also are essays at the Renaissance reception of Virgil and on rules of editorial perform.
- Old English Literature: A Guide to Criticism with Selected Readings (Blackwell Guides to Criticism)
- Snorri Sturluson and the Edda: The Conversion of Cultural Capital in Medieval Scandinavia (Toronto Old Norse and Icelandic Studies)
- Performing Manuscript Culture: Poetry, Materiality, and Authorship in Thomas Hoccleve’s "Regement of Princes" (Trends in Medieval Philology)
- Inside Old English: Essays in Honour of Bruce Mitchell
- Jews and Christians in Thirteenth-Century France (The New Middle Ages)
- Beyond Greek: The Beginnings of Latin Literature
Extra info for An Introduction to the 'Glossa Ordinaria' as Medieval Hypertext (Religion and Culture in the Middle Ages)
An Introduction to the 'Glossa Ordinaria' as Medieval Hypertext (Religion and Culture in the Middle Ages) by David A Salomon