By Robert Holley P,Robert P. Holley
Honoring the paintings of Ruth C. Carter upon her retirement as editor of Cataloging & type Quarterly, Cataloger, Editor, and Scholar is a special assortment that includes 21 articles from specialists within the box. Celebrating Dr. Carter’s commitment to technical prone, cataloging, historical past, and administration, those essays bear in mind all of the vital elements of her lifestyles and occupation. the $64000 compendium additionally contains an interview with Dr. Carter and a evaluation of Cataloging & class Quarterly (CCQ) in the course of her twenty years at its helm.
In 4 elements, this wide-ranging assortment contains articles that not just span the size and breadth of Dr. Carter’s specialist profession, but in addition current new contributions to the sector. the 1st component of Cataloger, Editor, and Scholar considers Dr. Carter’s own background and direct impression on CCQ in addition to what she sees as key concerns in cataloging at the start of the twenty first century. The experiences partially take a world examine cataloging and bibliographic background whereas new examine within the box is gifted partially 3. ultimately, half 4 bargains papers that ponder present tendencies in addition to attainable instructions for the rising electronic destiny.
Chapters in Cataloger, Editor, and Scholar comprise:
- a commemorative biographical comic strip of Ruth Carter
- an interview the place she discusses her occupation as a librarian, archivist, historian, and long-time editor
- a finished assessment of the contents of Cataloging & class Quarterly from 1990-2006
- an research of the provision of books and analyzing fabrics in Monroe County, Indiana, via 1850
- annotation as a misplaced paintings in cataloging early twentieth-century British libraries
- twenty-five years of bibliographic keep watch over learn on the collage of Bradford
- the Italian cataloging culture and its relationships with the overseas culture
- technical providers and tenure impediments and techniques
- the works phenomenon and most sensible promoting books
- measuring typographical mistakes’ influence on retrieval in bibliographic databases
- assembly the desires of designated layout catalogers
- replica cataloging for print and video monographs in educational libraries
- balancing rules, perform, and pragmatics in a altering electronic surroundings
- the advance of data constructions on the web
- and could more!
a distinct compilation of the various matters that seemed in CCQ in the course of Dr. Carter’s 20-year tenure, Cataloger, Editor, and Scholar is an informative source for librarians, LTS pros, catalogers, scholars, educators, and researchers.
Read or Download Cataloger, Editor, and Scholar: Essays in Honor of Ruth C. Carter PDF
Best publishing & books books
Adequately, this paintings written at the 12 months of the one centesimal birthday of Frank Martin, is the 1st English language source facing paintings through and in regards to the Swiss composer. Charles King offers entry to loads of severe substantive writing approximately Martin's paintings and to the substantial physique of writing by means of the composer himself.
Delivering proven and beginner freelancers feedback on specializing, this guide courses writers in the direction of extra profitable careers. As this research demonstrates, while freelancers concentrate on one form of writing instead of being a normal freelancer, they find a profitable area of interest within the writing marketplace.
New in paperback! This booklet fills a necessity for a selective bibliography targeting layout that won't basically condo collections adequately, but additionally be cozy for readers and employees. The books and articles brought up right here galvanize considered new applied sciences and fabrics and may allow info execs to think cozy after they converse with a number of the different pros excited about the particular paintings of development or maintenance.
How does new writing emerge and locate readers this day? Why does one writer's paintings develop into recognized whereas another's is still invisible? Making Literature Now tells the tales of the creators, editors, readers, and critics who make their dwelling via making literature itself come alive. The publication exhibits how quite a few conditions—including gender, schooling, enterprise dynamics, social networks, cash, and the forces of literary tradition—affect the issues we will select, or refuse, to learn.
- The American Field Service Archives of World War I, 1914-1917 (Bibliographies and Indexes in World History)
- Media Writing: A Practical Introduction
- Immersion: A Writer's Guide to Going Deep (Chicago Guides to Writing, Editing, and Publishing)
- The Philippines in World War II, 1941-1945: A Chronology and Select Annotated Bibliography of Books and Articles in English (Bibliographies and Indexes in Military Studies)
Extra resources for Cataloger, Editor, and Scholar: Essays in Honor of Ruth C. Carter
Cataloger, Editor, and Scholar: Essays in Honor of Ruth C. Carter by Robert Holley P,Robert P. Holley